Special handicraft made in the District with the locations and introduction
Balangir district rich in handicraft products mostly artisan of the district earning 60 –70 percent of their lively hood out of handicraft products. They have occupied a specific recognition in handicrafts realm. The following handicrafts products are in existence in Balangir District which are mentioned below with their location.
- Terracotta – Lakhapali, Malamunda, Baghapali,Bahalbuka, Manahira, Bubel,,Titilagarh,Naren,Kumbhari.
- Cotton and woolen durry – Chudapali, Chandanbhati, Dhubalpada, Sautnpur
- Applique – Tusura, Loisingha,
- Brass and Bell metal – Bairasar, Dhubalpada, Balangir
- Paddy crafts – Saraibahal, Chulifunka, Saintala(Adibasi pada),
- Tie and Dye – Sarmuhan, Salebhata, Chandanbhati, Sargad, Belpada, Loisingha, Agalpur
- Soft toys – Balangir
- Wood carving –Lathor, Balangir
- Dhokra casting –Saintala
- Art Textiles – Sarmuhan,, Belpada, Chandanbhati, Kermeli,Gohirapadar
- Art Leather – Loisingha, Balangir, Khuntsamalai, Titilagarh
- Artistic Bamboo – Balangir, Gudvela,. Siker, Badbandh, Bhutiarahal,Gudvela, Jamut
- Cloth flower – Tusura
- Patta Chitra – Balangir