Employment of Balangir District
The District Employment Exchange, Balangir started functioning at the District Headquarter with effect from 01.03.1960 to render employment assistance to the job-seekers and to assist the employers in meeting the manpower requirements. The District Employment Exchange covers the entire Revenue District of Balangir.
In order to assist the District Employment Exchange to serve its job-seekers more effectively, there are two Employment Sub Office at Titilagarh and Patnagarh functioning since 13.02.1973 and 01.08.1979 respectively.
Name of the Deptt – SKILL DEVELOPMENT & TECHNICAL EDUCATION DEPTT. GOVT. OF ODISHA.
Heads of Deptt – DIRECTOR OF EMPLOYMENT & EMPLOYMETN MISSION.
Head of Office at District Level – DISTRICT EMPLOYMENT OFFICER.
Office Address –
District Employment Exchange
Titilagarh Road, Near SBI Main Branch
- Registration of name for the candidates.
- Sponsoring of names of the candidates.
- Collection of employment market information.
- Vocational guidance.
- Works under employment mission.
Organisation of pre-recruitment training.
Organisation of recruitment rallies of indian Army/Air force.
Publicity of recruitment rallies.
Skill development training programme.
Placement linked training.
Training at construction skill training institute.
Organiasation of Job-Fairs.
Conduct of Block Level Counselling Camps.
Registration of job seekers and sponsoring of names for vacancies.
Documents required for registration of name in the employment exchanges.
- All original educational/ Technical qualification certificates.
- All original educational/technical qualification Mark Sheets.
- TC/SLC in case of under Matric candidates.
- Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC and SEBC category candidates.
- Residential Certificate issued within one year/ Service certificate for Govt. Employees/ Copy of School Leaving certificate for residential proof.
- Self Attested Xerox copy of all the documents produced for registration.
|Sl. No.||Category||NCO Code||SC||ST||OC||Total|
Vocational Guidance Programme
- Organisation of Entrepreneur Awareness Programme.
- Vocational Guidance and Employment counselling programme.
- Career Talk organised at Schools and Colleges.
- Career Conferences organised at Schools and Colleges.
- Students Information Bureau at Rajendra College, Balangir.
- Model Career Corner at Women’s College, Balangir.
Entrepreneur Awareness Camps organised regularly in the ITI/ Polytechnics/Leading Colleges. Successful entrepreneurs/ Bankers/Line Department officials invited to the programme to deliver their views to the participants. Students/ Skill Development Trainees were invited to participate in the camp. The participants were also taken to various industrial units/ Large Industries to improve their confidence to become a entrepreneur.
ODISHA SKILL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY-
Odisha Skill Development Authority was formed during 2016
Under Employment Mission/OSDA various activities are undertaken i.e.
- Organisation of Pre-Recruitment Training Programme for the un-employed youths who are willing to join the Military as well as the Para- Military forces. The Training programme is 10 to 15 days duration. The entire training cost is born by OSEMS. Publicity Drive is undertaken for various Recruitment Rally for the Indian Army/ Indian Air Force/ Indian Navy and Para-Military Forces.
- Placement Linked Skill Development Training Programme conducted through the PIAs.
- Masson Training is also provided to the willing candidates at Gopalpur, Cuttack to impart training in Construction related trades.
- Skill Up-Gradation Training Programme was organised in association with different departments.
- Job-Fairs are being organised in the district to provide placement assistance to the candidates.
- Block Level Counselling Camps for mobilization of candidates for PLTP.
- Recruitment Drive for the Private sector Employers.
DETAILS OF PIAS OPERATING IN BALANGIR DISTRICT DURING THE YEAR 2017-2018
|Sl.No||Name of the PIA||Location of the training centre||Trade in which training provided||Qualification required||Duration of Training|
|1||AISECT||TITILAGARH||ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT USING TALLY||+2 PASS||2.5 MONTHS|
|2||AISECT||KANTABANJI||ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT USING TALLY||+2 PASS||2.5 MONTHS|
|3||MPCON||TITILAGARH||BED SIDE ASSISTANT||HSC||2 MONTHS|
|4||MPCON||TITILAGARH||REPAIRING AND MAINTENANCE OF REFRIGERATOR||HSC||3 MONTHS|
|5||MPCON||BALANGIR||BED SIDE ASSISTANT||HSC||2 MONTHS|
|6||BRAINWARE||BALANGIR||BEDSIDE ASSISTANT||HSC||2 MONTHS|
|7||SKILL ACADEMY||TITILAGARH||BED SIDE ASSISTANT||HSC||2 MONTHS|
Qualification and Gender Wise Live Register Details for the The year 2017 -Format-8