District Education of Balangir District
- To provide Secondary Schools within 5 Km of every habitation
- GER of 75 percent for class-IX & X within 5 years
- Universal access of Secondary Education by 2018
- Universal retention by 2020
- Access to Secondary Education for all disadvantageous groups of children
- To improve the quality of education resulting in enhanced intellectual, social and cultural learning.
- Opening of new Schools in un served habitations.
- Engagement of new teachers looking at the sanctioned strength.
- Provision of Science Laboratory, Laboratory Equipments, Computer Lab, Library, Art/Craft culture room etc.
- Incentive for Girls provision of free text books(for elementry class I to VIII) (for secondary class IX to X only SC/ST students).
- Teacher’s Training for qualitative improvement of Education pattern.
- Provision of Teaching Learning equipment to Teacher’s.
- Special provision for Girls and SC/ST Children.
- Continuous inspection of Class and monitoring of Schemes.
- No. of High Schools – Balangir:
Government High Schools – 114
New Upgraded High Schools -78
Aided High Schools – 29
Block Grant High Schools – 119
Sanskrit tols -3
T.R.W. High Schools – 7
Managed by N.A.C. (Local Bodies) – NIL
Recognised Un-aided High Schools – 23
Total High Schools
Central School – 2
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya 1
English Medium Schools – 14
Odisha Adarsha Vidyayalas – 10
Madrasa – N.A
Grand Total High Schools – 400
No. of M.E./U.G. (ME) Schools – 740
No. of Primary Schools – 1267
- Scholarship Schemes for students in different education Centers
- NRTS and M.E. merit Scholarship (for Class – VIII to X) organized by BSE, Odisha – Rs.20/- P.M.
- NMMMS/NTS Scholarship – Rs. 500/- P.M.
- Examination organized by TE & SCERT, Odisha
- Inspire Award – one student of Each High School – Rs.5000/-
- Pathani Samanta Scholarship
- Junior Science and Mathematics Olympiad organized by TE & SCERT, Odisha
- Scholarship for Turner, Latrine maker etc (New)
- Scholarship for the students of fisherman family (New)
- Special facilities for Girls & SC/ST students of class-IX in High Schools under incentive to Girls Student Scheme.
- Government has sanction Rs.2600/- to each class-X Girl Students and BPL/SC/ST Boy Students for purchase of Bicycle.
- Government has awarded SC/ST scholarship to each student through District Welfare Officer.
- District Nodal Officer for supply of Mid-day-meal- Dist. Education Officer, Balangir
- Sri Kabi Sahu, Transporting agent has been supplying the MDM rice to students of all Blocks of Balangir District( from class I to VIII).
14 nos. of Block Education Offices
Address of the Office:
Office of District Education Office , Balangir
Near Pruthwiraj High School,Balangir
At/PO/Dist – Balangir, PIN – 767001
Tel.: – 06652-232916
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com